The concept of image/reality is based on the idea that an image cannot picture reality. Although people have said for many years that, when photographing, you capture the moment, the scene as it is, as it is seen, therefore in its state of reality, many others have claimed that photography is only a perception of our own reality.

But if we cannot agree on reality, and that we all see it from a different aspect, what IS reality? Does reality really exist? Could we ever picture or at least see reality under its true form?

This was an aspect of this project I was very tempted to explore, however, I wanted to look a little further into the question.

People tend to lose themselves between their perceptions of things and reality, being sure of what they're seeing when actually they're being fooled by their brains.

Therefore I would like to investigate people's perception as they're being tricked and how they then become lost between their vision and reality.

In order to complete this, I asked myself, how or under what conditions would people be confused between what's real and what's not?

So I thought of elements such as dreams, drugs, hypnosis, alcohol, confusion, optical illusions or even mirrors as it would just be a reflection, therefore an image, but it reflects reality…

My aim in this project is to achieve to confuse people even more between what is real and what is not.

I intend to look at photographers and artists work such as Ronen Goldman, Bing Wright, Daniel Rozin, Leandro Erlich and will do research on how does the brain confuses reality with fantasies such as dreams.

Project proposal Image and reality

Therefore I would like to investigate people's perception as they're being tricked and how they then become lost between their vision and reality.

Jennifer
02 October 2018, 15:53

This is a great body of work. Good Workflow page

Account deleted
11 November 2019, 19:03

These images are Beautiful! They are experiences I would dream about having. 

2 comments

Fields marked by '*' are required.
Comments are moderated. If you choose to make this comment public, it will not be visible to others until it is approved by the owner.
Help for "License"
The license for this content.

Help for "Licensor"
The original licensor for this content.
Help for "Original URL"
The original URL for this content.

Reply to:

Public
Private: This reply will only be visible to you and the author of the preceeding comment.